Between Paris and travelling on to Istanbul to meet Ian, I am staying for two days in London (well Windsor actually) with rowing buddies Alison and Isobel. Al has given me strict instructions on how to get to her from Paris. I have travelled on the Eurostar (with a fellow passenger admiring the baggage tag that my kids gave me - "Adventure before Dementia"). Found the local train and then an even more local train and arrived at Windsor. Al and Is live at the edge of the Forrest belonging to the Queen. It is magnificent and green. Alison and I go for a long walk in the rain (to test out her new waterproof pants - they worked, I was drenched). Next a hot shower and a lovely gf dinner that Al has cooked. We laughed and talked and laughed and talked.
The next day I spend wandering around Windsor Castle. The doll exhibition is amazing - but you can't take photos! The State Room and St George Chapel are exquisite.
Another evening with Alison and Is at a restaurant for a memorable Italian dinner and then up next morning and heading through the drizzle to the airport.
 |
| morning view from my room |
 |
a little bit of Australia in Windsor
|
 |
Windsor Castle
|
 |
one of the Queen's swans
|
No comments:
Post a Comment