I know there are some of you who are patiently waiting for the next instalment..... or even any news at all..... I am sorry that this has not been forthcoming.
This is the first computer I have had access to, except for quick emails, for several countries and several... can it be months???
Next I met Steve in Thailand (at 1am and we talked until 5am) and decided that a new camera was the go. We did some very hectic foreign exchange calculations in our heads - two were not better that one in this instance - and we bought a little Sony to see the trip through.
So I left my blog last time on a TGV to Paris and since then I have caught the Eurostar to London, stayed with some rowing buddies (Alison and Isobel) for 2 nights, flown to Istanbul and spent 3 wonderful weeks there with Ian (he will have amazing photos) and then headed on to meet my tennis friend Jenny in Kathmandu. I have no photos to post and little time to write about all of this part of the trip.
I hope you will forgive me for this and when Steve and I have finished volunteering and travelling, I will continue blogging for my own records (and for your interest perhaps).
We are currently in an orphanage in South Thailand. Today we went with the kids to a waterfall where we all swan with huge fish and heaps of kids. We are so happy to be spending this time here. Bangkok, Phuket and Patong are so busy and touristy that this is heaven.
We are trying to raise some money for a new chicken house here so if you have not heard about it by email, please contact Ian and he can fill you in.
From here we go to an eco lodge - no internet and then onto a dive boat - not internet and then to Chang Mai - perhaps internet and then home for Christmas.
I look forward to seeing everyone then and catching up - I miss all of you.....
lots of love
Rob (and Steve)
No comments:
Post a Comment